Shopping, be it online or at the traditional brick and mortar store is one of the many perks of living in the modern age. There are now many shopping portals, and in this article, I am going to discuss the two popular shopping sites: Costco and Jet.com.
We have been shopping at Costco for maybe at least ten years now. We love the store so much that several years ago we upgraded our membership to the Executive level. We thought this was a great option because of their cash back program. We go to Costco for almost all our household needs. We buy Olive oil, meats, paper towels, toilet papers and a bunch of other groceries.
A short history of Costco
Costco is a membership club company that offers high-quality merchandise at the best possible price. It provides a vast selection of merchandise with hundreds of locations all around the globe, thus, making your shopping experience an unforgettable one. Their very first location opened in 1976 in San Diego.
It only served small businesses as well as a few non-business members. Their very first warehouse was opened in Seattle in 1983 and since then the company has experienced massive growth.
Today, Costco is a billion-dollar industry and generates $16 billion annually.
Why shop at Costco?
- Costco has a strong commitment to quality. It carefully and meticulously chooses its products with considerations with the quality, brand, features, and price.
- It offers the lowest possible price without compromising quality. Its prices are unbeatable, especially when it comes to fresh produce, bread, and dairy products.
- Costco has all the stuff needed by bulk buyers. If you are the type of person who loves purchasing foods and other items in bulk, then Costco is the best place to be.
- It offers great discounts, especially for non-food items. You can find great deals in terms of household tools, appliance, clothes, eyeglasses, and even Costco gas price is one of the cheapest out there.
- Costco has healthy stuff, specifically organic and clean food products. Health-conscious people will surely enjoy shopping at Costco.
- Costco provides cashback for purchases. If you upgrade to executive membership, you will be able to receive 2% cashback on purchases of up to $750 in a year.
- After the tiring day of shopping, you can dig into some of the comfort food selections you can find at Costco’s food court. You can find pizza, hotdog, soda, and the likes at an affordable price. Not the good stuff, though, especially if you are a health junkie.
- One of the best things about Costco is its no questions asked return policy. If you buy something at Costco and you didn’t seem to like it, then you can have it returned provided the product is in the original packaging, if possible with a receipt, and still in great condition.
About two years ago, I learned about Jet.com from a family member and decided to give it a try. My daughter uses this particular shampoo that she used to buy from Costco, but unfortunately, Costco stops selling them and guess where we found it, yes Jet.com. Our online shopping with Jet.co has been excellent, and if I remember it right, our first three orders were shipped to us for free.
History of Jet.com
Jet.com is a shopping site owned by Walmart. It was launched in July of 2015. Being new in the industry, why would people prefer Jet over its competitors, who noticeably have been in the business for many years now? Although Jet is such a young brand, it offers more than meets the eye.
It does not only offer a variety of products at an affordable price. It also comes with saving features and referral program. If you are the type of person who continuously looks for great deals, then you can surely never go wrong with Jet.
Jet.com is quite new compared to Costco. It is an online shopping site that is oftentimes compared to Amazon. Although it is a smaller company, it’s been adding products and hundreds of thousands of customers every month.
Why shop at Jet.com
What entices a lot of people to patronize Jet.com? Many people prefer Jet.com over other companies because of its low prices. It started with just household products like soap, toothpaste, towels, and foods like pasta.
They offer these products 5% cheaper than its market competitors. Other reasons why many people are enticed to patronize Jet.com is the free membership and free shipping for purchases $35 and above.
Jet.com is founded by Marc Lore, a chairman, co-founder, and chief executive officer of Quidsi. If you are not familiar with the company, it is actually the parent company of Soap.com and Diapers.com.
What can you find at Jet.com?
Jet.com has everything you can ever think of such as household products, electronic products, health and wellness products, beauty products, toys, groceries, baby products, and a whole lot more.
Below are some of the reasons for choosing Jet
- Jet is the complete definition of convenience. It offers a free 90-day trial period. After that, you will be required to pay an annual fee of $50, which will give you free two-day shipping when you shop for common household items and the total purchase will not be less than $35.
- Jet has more than 10 million products. It is quite small when compared to other companies, but what sets Jet apart from the rest is that it makes sure that all the products it offers are of high-quality. If you are someone who prioritizes quality over quantity, then you will find shopping at Jet a pleasurable experience.
- Jet makes sure that shoppers will have a wonderful browsing experience. Jet knows the stress of shopping online, especially if a shopper is looking for a particular product and there are so much to choose from. With just a few clicks, you can find the products that you are looking for at the best price
- Thrifty shoppers will surely find shopping at Jet a worthwhile experience. Why? Well, Jet’s prices are 10% to 15% cheaper than other available online shopping sites.
- Jet has an affiliate program wherein the company encourages its shoppers to shop on other affiliated sites, including Macy and Gap GPS. Shoppers will be able to save around 2% to 3%. The program is called Jet Anywhere.
- Jet has a 30-day product return provided it is in its brand-new condition, including the original packaging and receipt. The shopper can waive this option, and it will entitle them to additional savings on their final purchase.
- Another great feature of Jet is the smart card items, which will automatically unlock additional savings if you add these items to your shopping carts.
Which is better? Costco or Jet.com?
When it comes to choosing between Costco and Jet, it all boils down to personal preference and shopping habit. If you are looking for an affordable membership and low cost yet high-quality items, then Jet.com is the better choice.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a huge array of products in one place, then you can never go wrong with Costco. It has been in the business far longer than Jet.com. However, one should never underestimate the newcomer Jet.com.