Darren Cotter created one of the easiest and most convenient ways to make money online when he founded Inbox Dollars in his college dorm room more than a decade ago.
The platform connects brands with members of the platform who earn cash by carrying out a range of everyday tasks for these companies.
The internet has created a wealth of opportunities for people who want to supplement their regular income or even make an online side hustle their sole source of income.
Inbox Dollars What?
Inbox Dollars is one of such opportunities. Sign-up is easy. And you can earn from a range of activities that includes taking surveys, reading emails, internet research, online shopping, watching videos, playing games, and more.
Many of these are activities you would do for free, and this is why some consider InboxDollars to be a scam. But that isn’t true. Inbox Dollars is a company based out of Minnesota that has paid more than $60million to its members for activities done on the platform.
The company makes money by taking a percentage of the amount paid by the brands that commission each task on the platform.
There are many side hustles you can do to earn some extra buck. Still, if you are more interested in jobs you can do on your laptop, then Inbox Dollars could be the perfect platform for you.
Inbox Dollars vs. SwagBucks
Swagbucks is another popular platform that shares a lot of similarities with Inbox Dollars. You can also do a wide range of everyday activities on the platform and get paid for your efforts.
The key difference lies in the way Swagbucks pays you for your efforts. The platform will pay you in points instead of actual cash, and those points can be redeemed and used to shop online. However, if you accumulate enough points, you can convert it to cash and get paid via Paypal.
This is different from Inbox Dollars. Inbox Dollars will pay you actual cash for any task you complete on the platform.
Both platforms offer opportunities to earn extra cash, and signing up is completely free.
Pros And Cons of Inbox Dollars
We have compiled a list of advantages that Inbox Dollars holds over other online platforms that offer similar setups:
- You have a wide range of opportunities to earn money: with your phone, tablet, or PC, you can make money by reading emails, playing video games, from Groupons, Coupons, and more.
- The platform is not a get-rich-quick scheme: many people have been burned by pyramid schemes that promise massive riches from little investment. Inbox Dollars is different. Signup is free, and you earn as you work. It is not a scam, and members get paid for tasks completed on the platform.
- There is a $5 signup bonus: yeah, they will pay you for signing up. When you join the platform, you are automatically entitled to $5. The money will be paid when you reach the $30 earnings threshold. So get cracking.
- You make 10cents for every dollar earned by someone you refer to the platform: it is simple, the more people you convince to join the platform, the more you make.
- The payout threshold is low: you don’t need to earn a fortune before you get your earnings on the platform. Once you earn up to $30, you can withdraw your money through PayPal or by opting for a check.
- It is all in the name: you don’t need points or rewards that let you shop online, your money is delivered directly to your inbox.
- The money adds up: a few dollars for some mundane tasks may seem small, but the more tasks you finish, the more you earn. There are also big companies that partner with the platform, and some will pay you up to $10 just for signing up for their services through Inbox Dollars.
However, you should know that your earnings from Inbox Dollars will not make you the next Jeff Bezos. Still, you will earn that extra money that will cater to gas, coffee, and other mundane expenses.
Inbox dollars is a great platform, but we have managed to find a few issues to smirk about:
- Working on the platform is not a career path: you may spend the whole day on the platform and not earn up to $10. If you are looking for an online job that will replace your day job, this is not the platform for you.
- Your email inbox will feel the heat: Inbox Dollars seem to think their name gives them the right to flood our email inbox with irrelevant emails. This means it is probably a good idea to create a dedicated email that you use exclusively for the platform.
- Payments may be delayed: this is not common, but some members have complained about waiting for weeks before getting paid.
- You must stay active: with existing members referring their friends to join the platform daily, Inbox Dollars wouldn’t give you any special treatment. If you fail to log in for a few weeks, your account will be suspended and your earnings may be gone with the wind.
- You may still get your account deactivated anyways: there is something suspicious about the way the platform disables accounts without any justifiable reason. Many people had claimed that their accounts were deactivated just before they reached the $30 threshold without any warning or concrete explanation by Inbox Dollars
Ways To Earn On Inbox Dollars
Activities on the platform pay anywhere from $0.02 to $5, and you can make between $20 to $60 a month on the platform. Like we said earlier, it is not a career path but a way to earn easy cash in your free time.
Activities like surfing the web can pay a few cents, and watching videos typically pays 2cent for a short video. However, completing surveys is the most popular activity on the platform. You can take as many as you like a month and earn easy cash along the way.
How Do Surveys Work on Inbox Dollars?
The first thing you should know is that you won’t qualify for every survey. Surveys have a specific profile of individuals required, and you will need to complete some screener questions to see if you are an ideal fit.
If you clear that hurdle, you will discover how long the survey will last and what you will earn from completing the study.
Companies use the platform to target specific demographics and get the honest opinion of participants about their products and services.
Other Ways to Earn Money on Inbox Dollars:
- Redeeming Coupons
- Cashback shopping
- Market research
- Web surfing
- Referring friends
- Watching videos
- Playing games
- Installing free apps
- Daily polls
- Scanning barcodes
How To Sign Up
Signing up for Inbox Dollars is a straightforward process, and it is free.
- Registration starts with you providing your email
- You will also provide a password
- Next is verification.
- An email will be sent to you and you will be asked to confirm your membership by clicking on a link
- After verification, you can go ahead to complete your profile.
Like we said earlier, completing your profile is key to you, improving your chances of making good money from surveys. The platform matches surveys based on the demographics of each user, and a complete profile will make that easier.
Once you complete the signup process and your profile is all set, you can start making money immediately. Whenever you have any extra time, just login onto the platform and make some money.
How To Get Paid
The platform divides members into Gold members and non-gold members. Members can choose an ePayment option or choose to be paid by check.
For Gold members, who opt for ePayment, payment is made on the same day they make their payout request. An email will be sent to their inbox before 3 pm CST of the same day to alert them that their payment has been processed.
There are many ePayment options, including Paypal, and you can select your choice from the payout page when you want to cash out.
For non-gold members, it takes much longer. The only silver lining is that once you cash out your first payment, you automatically become a Gold member.
Payments for non-gold members are made between 10 to 16days after a request for a payout is made. Payment will be made on Wednesday of each week. You can limit the time to 10days if you request your payout at the end of the day on a Sunday.
Inbox Dollars’ ePayment platform is powered by Tango. Choosing the ePayment option comes with several benefits. You will not face any additional fee; you can cash out larger amounts, and you can also send your earnings to friends and family via email as gifts/donations.
The other alternative is getting paid by check. After the customary waiting period for your payout to be processed, you will typically have to wait for around two weeks for your check to arrive by post. The platform will send you an email with the expected date of arrival.
Conclusion – Inbox Dollars Review
You should not forget that Inbox Dollars will not make you rich, it is merely an avenue to make a few dollars when you have nothing else to do. The most active members don’t make more than a few hundred dollars or a couple of thousand dollars a year.