Snagshout.com is an exciting site to find deals and to review some products and get huge discounts of up to 90% or sometimes get some products for free. Did I hear you say ‘Whoa?’ But it is true, they link shoppers with product manufacturers and sellers. It persuades shoppers to browse for products they’d like to purchase on Amazon.
Many shoppers rely on the reviews left behind by users to make an informed decision on the product they wanted. Some products on many shopping sites have only a few reviews or none at all. Although leaving a review is not a requirement, they encourage shoppers to write reviews for these products. Some may either get the products for a highly discounted deal or completely free.
How Snagshout Work?
When you create an account with Snagshout, you will be asked to connect or link your Amazon account. Each time you want to buy something on Amazon, you should log in to the Snagshout website to find out if the product is available with them at a discounted price.
Here’s the step-by-step process of account creation:
- The first step is to create an account. The sign-up process is simple, quick, and free.
- The second step is to confirm the authenticity of your email via a link sent to the email address you provided during the sign-up process. Once you confirm your email, you can start to operate your account.
- Start browsing for products your interested in. They will also start sending you some deals to your email box. See below for an example.
- You can snag the product you want. When shopping on Amazon, if you find the product you’d like, just take a quick check at their website to verify if the same product is available there. If you are lucky enough to find the same product, snag it.
- After you have snagged the product you wanted on, you will automatically be linked to your Amazon account. This is where you can get a discount. A coupon code will then be provided to you.
- Now you can add the product to your shopping cart on Amazon. Then, proceed to order your product. It is important to include the ‘coupon code’ that Snagshout gave you. If you order the product without the code, you will not get your discount.
- Just like shopping on Amazon.com, shipping charges depend on whether you’re an Amazon Prime member or not.
- After you have received the product from Amazon, you will be asked to write an honest review of the product. Your review will be based on your experience with the product you have purchased. Remember to write a 100% unbiased review, giving the pros and cons of the product.
Snagshout Review: My Personal Experience
To find out whether it is legit or not, I gave it a shot and decided to purchase a product that I was supposed to buy directly from Amazon. I have been undergoing physical therapy sessions due to my lower back issues and I needed some resistance bands. I checked out the price at Amazon and it was showing at $16.99, then I logged in to my Snagshout account to see if the same product was available. Lucky me, it sure was available! I checked the price and it was only $8.16 which is 52% lower than the Amazon price. I snagged the item and was provided a coupon code to purchase the resistance band on Amazon.
All in all, I am very happy with my first purchase. It’s much lower than the regular price of the exact same item that I needed.
See the screenshots below.
This is the screenshot from Amazon.com, you will notice that the price was $16.99
Here’s the one from Snagshout. For the same product, the price is 52% lower here.
And this is another screenshot from their website with the coupon code.
As of September 2019, Snagshout maintains the following categories on its website:
- Beauty & Health
- Cars & Automotive
- Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry
- Electronics and Computers
- Home, Garden & Tools
- Kids & Baby
- Office Supplies
- Pet Supplies
- Sports & Outdoors
- Vitamin & Supplements
Advantages and Disadvantages:
- Easy sign-up process. You can either use your email or Facebook to sign up.
- It provides you with many deals and products.
- You can always get discounts and coupon code on products which you want to purchase on any shopping sites that work with Snagshout like Amazon
- It is easy to use. It’s like buying directly from Amazon, only cheaper.
- It is not a shopping site on its own, it relies on other shopping websites like Amazon.
- Product choices are somewhat limited.
- Only one account is allowed per household.
- It is not directly liable to what you get, good or bad.
- Not all the deals have huge discounts like you may expect.
- You can only snag a product once.
- You cannot resell the products you bought from them.
Is it a Waste of Your Time?
Not really. Quite often, you can get some cheap items at highly discounted deals like phone cases, hair clips, potato peelers, and some other similar cheap items. Unfortunately, not all the categories listed on their website have deals on them. As of the time of this writing, the “Vitamins & Supplements” and “Media” categories have zero deals available.